The 5 Best Ways to Get Heard on Soundcloud
The music industry is notoriously cutthroat. Success in the music industry requires being a talented networker as much as being a talented musician. Whether you’re an aspiring artist, rapper. DJ, or producer, successful networking is important to working your way into the biz and realizing your dreams. Want to get more plays on Soundcloud? These are the 5 best ways to get heard on Soundcloud. Ready? Let’s get started.
Give as Much As You Take
The first step to getting more plays on Soundcloud is a applying this principle to become successful. This principle of course, is to give as much as you take.
It is absolutely imperative to provide value to any individual if you want to get anything in return. Spamming links won’t do anything whatsoever. You want to create friendships so to say, with as many artists, label execs and blog owners as possible. Give them value, and they give you value back. Always follow this core principle.
Here are some examples of how to apply this correctly:
Like, comment, and repost other artist's songs with this strategy
This is a great way to increasing your plays on Soundcloud, yet most artists get it wrong. To get his right, you must be able to dedicate at least one hour a day of personal interactions with others. Here’s how to go about effectively applying this strategy:
1. Visit Soundcloud and search a common keyword in most song titles in your niche. For example, search ‘Original Mix’ if you’re looking to network with house/EDM producers.
2. Filter these results to find fellow aspiring artists. Set the upload date to be the ‘Past Week’ , and pick the genre of the niche you want to network with
3. Now, you’ll have a list of artists like you. Comment effectively, drop a like, and a follow on the songs you see. I recommend doing 50 a day. Recall our Network Etiquette rule, before you take, you must give. 4. If you showed meaningful affection to their music, you’ll very likely get the same love back! Get more plays on Soundcloud with this strategy!
Send Meaningful Private Messages
This can be very effective if used appropriately. Soundcloud has very strict rules on message spamming, and are notorious for deleting your Soundcloud account out of nowhere if you copy-paste your link to others often. Here are some steps to use this feature well:
1. Find artists in your genre with at least 1k-10k followers. There are many ways to find artists on Soundcloud to message! Make sure you understand what the artist you're planning on messaging is about.
2. Send the artisr a unique, personalized message first appreciating them, and then share a song of yours. Many of these artists were are like you, small and wanting to grow. It’s very for artists to show love to you if you show love first and appear sincere.
3. Maintain contact! It is very important to keep the connection with the artist if he/she replies back. Be helpful to them, and they'll help you back.
Network through Facebook Groups
This is one of the top reasons as to why you must use Facebook for getting more plays on Soundcloud. Facebook groups can help you get connected with pretty much anyone you need to succeed. Here’s a step by step method to network effectively!
1. Join 10-20 groups that are in your niche. Simply by searching on Facebook can get you to some great groups. Try and be specific in your search, for example type “soundcloud support electro house” rather than just ‘soundcloud networking”. Don’t shy away from Blog groups and label groups, as they can help you get connected with important people.
2. Be active and follow the ‘you get what you take’ rule. This is the most important part! Like people’s post, provide real feedback to people’s music, and always give value before asking for anything in return. Expect most Soundcloud groups to be primarily composed of artists spamming their links. Don’t give in! Give them feedback, and ask them to check your music out. There’s a great chance they will.
3. Engage in conversation and build lasting relationships. If you find an artist that is more popular than yourself in a Facebook group, shoot him a message and start a casual conversation. Keep following up to build a beneficial relationship. You guys can help each other grow and become more successful. Continue building this network not just with other artists, but with blog owners and other prominent figures in the industry.
Get Your Song Reposted By Repost Networks
This is definitely the best way to get your music out there and get plays on your Soundcloud. By investing in this strategy, you'll be able to save tons of time by not having to market your music but have these such networks do it for you!
Repost networks are partnered Soundcloud accounts that may have upwards of 100,000 followers combined. While you can find many by searching on Soundcloud, most Soundcloud networks are fake and charge you money to get reposted without guaranteeing any plays on your song.
We recommend Boost Collective, the marketing agency that gets you plays by reposting your song as well as featuring you on their blog. Boost Collective is partnered with legitimate repost networks that has a combined reach of over 250,000 followers that they use to get your music plays.
The main reason why we recommend Boost Collective's Soundcloud Promotion services is because they guarantee that you'll get the amount of plays they advertise, or full money back.
As well, Boost Collective is a legitimate Soundcloud Marketing agency that have numerous testimonials from real artists of all kinds of genres, from Hip-Hop to EDM. The promotion includes the all-important repost promotion, as well as a blog feature on their 'Boost Blog'.
You can learn more about Boost Collective Soundcloud Promotion here: